Time Required: 1 Hour 30 Minutes (plus 8 hours to chill)
Yields 8 to 10 Servings
What You Need:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups CannaMilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- large tupperware container w/ lid
- 1 – 9-inch pastry shell, pre-baked
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup whipped cream (or Whipped CannaCream)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and CannaMilk together in a large saucepan. Stir until smooth.
- Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the CannaMilk mixture bubbles and begins to thicken. Reduce heat to low; heat for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs slightly in a small bowl. Add ½ cup of hot CannaMilk mixture to beaten eggs; stir together.
- Add eggs to the saucepan with the rest of the CannaMilk mixture; stir together. Increase heat and stir constantly to bring filling mix to a slight boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add butter and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Transfer filling mixture to Tupperware container. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread half of the chilled filling into the 9-inch pastry shell.
- Slice bananas and lay on top of the filling, making sure to cover the whole surface.
- Pour the rest of the filling over the sliced bananas.
- Top the pie with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.