Time Required: 20 to 30 hours
Yields about 1 Quart of Ice Cream
What You Need:
- 1½ quart ice cream freezer container
- large saucepan
- fine strainer
- large bowl
- 2 cups Cannabis Almond Milk
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 4 bananas, pureed
- ½ cup peanut butter (optional)
- Combine Cannabis Almond Milk, coconut milk, sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan and whisk together thoroughly. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to warm.
- Pour the warm almond milk mixture through a fine strainer and into a large bowl. Discard any solids.
- Chill almond milk mixture uncovered in refrigerator for 1 hour; stir occasionally. Place plastic wrap on top of milk mixture after 1 hour. Let chill for another 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour cold mixture into 1½ quart ice cream freezer container and freeze.
- Remove container from freezer after 2 hours, or until ice cream starts to firm but is still soft. Stir in banana puree and peanut butter. Mix well until peanut butter is equally distributed.
- Return container to freezer for another 6 hours, or until ice cream is firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.