Time Required: 12 to 24 hours
Yields 8 Slices
What You Need:
- 9″ x 5″ loaf pan
- plastic wrap
- 1¾ cup All-Purpose CannaFlour
- ½ tablespoon active dry yeast
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (or CannaMilk)
- ½ cup butter softened (or CannaButter, softened)
- 1 egg yolk
- splash water or milk
- Mix together the Cannaflour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the warm milk, butter, and eggs into the flour mixture little-by-little.
- Knead all ingredients together until the dough is smooth.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and sit it aside at room temperature. Allow for the dough to rise until it doubles in size. (Approx. 2 hours)
- Deflate the dough by lifting dough from bowl and dropping it back in. Repeat this process 2 to 3 times.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap again and chill for at least 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Shape the dough into a loaf and sit it inside the greased loaf pan. Cover the pan with a towel and let dough rise for another hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg yolk with a small splash of water or milk to make a glaze.
- Gently brush the brioche dough with the egg glaze. Bake dough in preheated oven until brioche is a deep golden brown.
- Check the loaf after 20 minutes. if the bread is not ready, reduce heat to 350 degrees and check frequently for that golden brown color.
- Remove bread from oven and let sit in pan for 5 minutes. Loosen loaf from pan and transfer to a wire cooling rack.