Total time: 20 minutes
Yields: 20 mini muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup CannaOil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups fresh or frozen berries we used blueberries, raspberries and cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg and sugar for about a minute.
- Add the yogurt, CannaOil, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until there are no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix. An over-mixed batter makes for dense muffins. The batter will be pretty thick, almost like cookie dough.
- Gently fold in the berries and chia seeds.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of batter into the prepared muffin tin. You should have enough batter for about 20 mini muffins.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, and then transfer to a plate or rack to cool completely.