Time Required: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yields 8 Servings
What You Need:
- food processor or blender
- large saucepan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups CannaMilk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, chopped
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in flour and salt to make a paste. Gradually stir in Cannamilk, vegetable broth, and water. Keep stirring until everything is well blended.
- Add chopped cauliflower and asparagus.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Turn heat off. Allow soup to cool down.
- Pour warm (not hot!) soup into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return soup to saucepan and heat back up over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!