Time Required: 1 Hour
Yields 4 Servings
What You Need:
- 9″ x 13″ baking dish, greased
- large skillet
- 1 large eggplant, peeled, cut into ½-inch slices, dried and salted (Note: You Need 12 Slices of eggplant for this, another egglant may be required.)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cooking oil
- 2 cups Cannabis Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cups parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn
- Dip each eggplant slice in the beaten eggs. Allow excess egg to drip off before covering with breadcrumbs. Repeat until all slices are breaded.
- Heat cooking oil over medium high heat. Fry eggplant slices in oil for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Set aside on top of paper towels to drain.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spread 1 cup of Cannabis Tomato Sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Lay 4 slices of egg plant on the bottom of the dish directly on top of the Cannabis Tomato Sauce.
- Add ¼ cup mozarella cheese on top of all 4 egg plant slices. Sprinkle some basil on top.
- Sandwich each cheese topped slice with another slice of eggplant.
- Top the second layer of egg plant with a spoonful of tomato sauce, follewed by adding another ¼ cup mozarella cheese on each.
- Start the third layer by topping each serving with the last slice of eggplant. Top each eggplant slice evenly with the remaining tomato sauce, parmesan cheese and basil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with spaghetti or side of your choice.