Time Required: 45 minutes
Yields 10 Slices
What You Need:
- round 10-inch cake pan, greased
- beater, or hand-mixer
- ½ cup water, distilled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup CannaButter, cubed and softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar
- fresh fruit for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the water, salt and sugar in the saucepan. Heat over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Melt the chocolate chips slowly in a separate bowl in the microwave.
- Add the CannaButter to the melted chocolate and beat (mix) well.
- Add the hot sugar water. Beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after every addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until top of cake has formed a crust.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Dump cake onto wire rack to finish cooling.
- Dust cake with powdered sugar. Slice and garnish with fresh fruit.
- Store leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator.