Time Required: 40 minutes
Yields 8-10 Servings
What You Need:
- casserole dish, greased
- large frying pan
- 3 slices thick bacon, diced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup CannaMilk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3½ cups green beans, trimmed and blanched
- ½ cup French fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Fry the bacon in a large pan over medium heat until crispy.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, (usually about 5 minutes.)
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan and whisk in the flour to make a rue.
- Whisk constantly for another 2 minutes while gradually adding the CannaMilk to prevent lumps. Slowly add the half-and-half. Mix well.
- Add the cheese and whisk until melted.
- Transfer the mushroom, bacon and garlic mixture back to the frying pan with the sauce. Stir everything together and let the sauce simmer for a couple of minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in all of the green beans. Mix well. Transfer green bean mixture to prepared casserole dish.
- Pour the bean mixture into the casserole dish and sprinkle the French fried onions.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.