Time Required: 40 minutes
Yields 6 to 8 Servings
What You Need:
- 9″ x 13″ baking pan
- 1 roll Glutten-Free Pillsbury Pizza Dough, or homemade
- ¼ cup CannaOil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2-3 cups vegan cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups gluten-free panko-style breadcrumbs
- 28 ounces of whole peeled tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup oil-soaked sun-dried tomatoes, canned, drained, roughly chopped
- ¾ black olives, pitted, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, torn
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay pizza dough inside baking pan. Stretch dough to cover the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Cannaoil with the onions in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown, usually about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer onions to a small bowl along with any caremelization that is left in the saucepan.
- Combine panko with remaining 2 tablespoons Cannaoil in a separate bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer drained whole, peeled tomatoes to a medium bowl. Crush tomatoes well with fingertips. Season to taste with salt.
- Spread crushed tomatoes evenly over the surface of the pizza dough.
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and olives to the pizza dough, followed by caramelized onions. Add breadcrumbs last to evenly coat the surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and bottom of pizza is browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with torn basil, cut into squares, and serve.