What You’ll Need:
• One fork
• Potato masher
• Large mixing bowl
• A large colander
• 3 cups flour (more if needed for consistency)
• 1 beaten egg
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 large russet potatoes
• Salt, to taste
• 2 tablespoons Cannabutter
• Grated Asiago cheese, to preference
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water with the skins on. When the potatoes are soft to a fork, use a potato masher to mash them to a smooth consistency. Ensure that the mashed potatoes are not lumpy in texture.
2. Combine the potatoes, egg, flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl until the ingredients are incorporated well together.
3. Knead the mixture with your hands until the mixture resembles that of bread dough. Roll out portions of dough that resemble the width and length of a cigar, and then cut each piece as large or small as you would like.
4. On each piece of gnocchi, cut small ridges on the sides with a fork. This ensures that each piece of gnocchi is cooked evenly.
5. Boil some salted water with olive oil. When the water is boiling, add the gnocchi to the pot. Cook until the gnocchi comes floating to the top.
6. Drain the pot using a colander, immediately rinsing the gnocchi with cold water. This prevents the gnocchi from sticking together.
7. Toss the gnocchi with the Cannabutter and asiago. Serve with a marinara sauce if desired. Enjoy immediately.
For original recipe click here.