Total time: 20 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
- 1 small butternut squash about 2 cups grated
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup CannaMilk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Scallions chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crème fraiche
- Toasted caraway seeds crushed
- Chopped scallions
- Peel the butternut squash, chop it in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Grate the squash- you should get 2 cups of it.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the eggs and milk and mix well.
- Stir in the grated butternut squash, scallions, garlic, and bread crumbs, and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add a tablespoon of the fritter batter. Press down gently with a spatula and repeat until the frying pan is full, leaving about 1 inch of space between each.
- Fry the fritters on medium heat until they are golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with creme fraiche mixed with chopped scallions add toasted, crushed caraway seeds.