Time Required: 1 hour
Yields 6 Servings
What You Need:
- large skillet with lid
- medium sized pot with lid
- large pot or rice cooker
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved
- ½ cup Cannaoil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 potato, chopped
- cooked basmati rice for serving
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Season chicken breast halves with salt and pepper.
- Heat Cannaoil in skillet over high heat. Cook chicken breast halves in the Cannaoil until all chicken is browned on both sides. Transfer browned chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add the chopped onions and minced garlic. Cook until onion turns translucent stirring frequently approximately 8 minutes.
- Add curry seasoning and 1 tablespoon of water to pan and stir until mixed for about 1 minute. Add 2 cups of crushed tomatoes, 1 cup yogurt, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Stir until entire mixture in blended.
- Return chicken to the skillet including any juices on the plate. Pour ½ cup of water (and any remaining Cannaoil you wish to use with the chicken) into the mixture and bring to a boil making sure to turn the chicken so it is coated in the sauce. Sprinkle the garam masala and remaining cilantro over the chicken.
- Cover the skillet with the lid and let chicken simmer until no longer pink.
- Add a couple tablespoons of oil to the pot while the chicken cooks and heat over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup tomatoes, ½ cup yogurt, ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro. Mix well.
- Add chopped potatoes and stir until coated in sauce.
- Add more crushed tomatoes and water if necessary. Put lid on pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice with a sprinkle of lime juice.
For Original Recipe Visit: http://www.communitycann.com