Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup CannaOil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 1 2/3 cups flour all-purpose
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) divided
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate baking bar finely chopped
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; lightly whisk. Add granulated sugar, CannaOil, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl just until combined. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of the pepitas into the batter. Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top with the spatula. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool bread in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of pan to loosen bread. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on a rack, about 1 hour.
- Combine cream and bittersweet chocolate in a medium-size microwaveable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM until chocolate melts, about 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Add powdered sugar, and stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of cooled bread. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons pepitas.a