There are a variety of Cannabutter recipes that call for anywhere from ¼ ounce to 4 ounces of cannabis per 1 pound of butter. The potency of the recipes on this site depends on the concentration of cannabis in your essential ingredient. The amount of cannabis in the recipe below is just a suggestion and can be modified according to your personal dosage.
- glass oven dish
- 7 grams decarboxylated cannabis
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 215 degrees
- Place butter and cannabis in a glass baking dish
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil (keeps the smell down)
- Place in the oven for approximately 60 minutes and then remove
- Strain cannabis from butter and place in a final storage container
- This recipe can easily be scaled up or down depending on how much butter you need to make.
- Butter can be split up and placed in the freezer for easier use.
- It is best to create any of the oils or butter in bulk because of the time involved. See section on storage for more information about using long term.
- Butter is not the best infusion fat for cannabis. If your recipe doesn't require it, it's best to use a better oil such as coconut oil.