Time Required: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Yields 12 Slices
What You Need:
- 2- 9-inch cake pans
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or CannaFlour)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup CannaButter , softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (or CannaButter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease both 9-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together CannaButter, sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add eggs and red food coloring. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk gradually to the CannaButter mixture. Beat well until everthing is well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the pan and allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- Make icing by heating 4 tablespoons of flour and 1 cup of milk in a saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Let cool completely.
- Beat in 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of butter to the Flour/Milk mix. Beat until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Wait for cake layers to cool before frosting.
- Spread a layer of icing on the top of one layer of cake. Set the dry layer ontop of the iced layer to make a sandwich.
- Use the remaining icing to frost the entire cake.
- Store cake in the refrigerator.